This week is a brand new challenge over at the Global Design Project and it’s a really exciting one because this week is all about CASE’ing a card from one of the Global Design Project Designers and this time around – it’s me! Sort of nerve wracking – because it was a challenge to CASE (Copy & Selectively Edit) myself!
It was FUN though!
Here’s a look at the challenge.
You can pop over to the blog here to check out the challenge and all the talented cards the designers made and give the challenge a go yourself.
So I decided to have a go at CASE’ing the layout, with a fun twist using brand new upcoming products!
These products aren’t yet available to order – but will be soon with the January-July catalogue (or you can join my team and pre-order them early in December for a discount – wink!)
Here’s a look at my card…
The layout was so much fun to put together.
Constructing the daffodils was the fun part. The Daffodil dies come with all the parts and pieces that you need. I have cut the bases of all the daffodils from Basic White and coloured using Blending Brushes with some Crushed Curry ink for a bit of a variation in tones.
I then added the more detailed pieces in Pale Papaya Cardstock but added a touch of Pumpkin Pie ink using a Blending Brush. I love the different tones that it adds.
My stems and greenery I have die cut in some Pear Pizzazz and added a touch of Granny Apple Green ink with a Blending Brush for a variation in greenery tones.
I popped them all together and it came together beautifully. I added some Wink of Stella for some sparkle to the Pale Papaya pieces and a beautiful bunch of Daffodils was created!
Here’s a close up look at the finished card.
I have added some butterflies which also come as part of the Daffodil Dies and have cut these from our Rose Gold/Gold Metallic Speciality Paper and cut the middles of the butterflies in Gold Foil. They are so beautiful.
My background is a beautiful textured piece created using the Hive 3D Embossing Folder. I added some Crumb Cake Ink using a Blending Brush for a bit more of a vintage look and folded over the corner for some more texture.
I have added some final touches to the card with some Linen Thread and some Iridescent Rhinestones which are also new in the upcoming catalogue.
Here’s a look at the inside of the card which I have kept simple with a simple sentiment from the In Symmetry Stamp Set and some butterflies die cut from the Daffodil Dies.
I had so much fun playing along with this week’s Global Design Project challenge to CASE (Copy & Selectively Edit) one of my own cards.
I would love you to pop along to the blog and check out all the other designers beautiful work and play along with this week’s challenge.
You can head over to the blog here.
Until next time,
Crafty hugs! xx